The best way to easily view and share your latest film photos. We scan most film types and formats* and our professional technicians correct for color and density, frame by frame. We offer a variety of file sizes and can also provide custom scans to your exact specifications.
- Scans are delivered via an emailed download link (PicTime or WeTransfer)
- Turnaround varies depending on the amount of film you drop off but you can expect a minimum of 2-3 business days. Expediting your scan order is sometimes possible, please inquire at the time of drop off.
- File specs for scans can be found below. JPEG files are compressed and may appear smaller on your desktop. Please view scans in Photoshop or any other photo editing software to view actual pixel dimensions.
- We can discard your negatives after scanning or you have the option to hang onto them. We store negatives for 30 days and a $1 fee will be added to the order for packaging and storage.
- We scan film rolls at the time of drop off as well as film that has already been processed including mounted color positive slides.
*We currently do not scan 110 negatives, although we can process the film.
File specs (file sizes/pixel dimensions are approximate)
Standard: 35mm film is 255dpi at 4x6in // 1544 x 1024 pixels ||| 120 film is 255dpi at 4x4in // 1024x 1024 pixels // 4.5MB JPG
Deluxe: 35mm is 300dpi at 6.5x10in // 3088 x 2048 pixels ||| 120 film is 300dpi at 5x5in // 2048x2048 pixels // 18.4MB JPG
Deluxe TIFF: 35mm film is 300dpi 6.5x10in // 3088 x 2048 pixels ||| 120 film is 300dpi at 6x6in // 2048 x 2048 pixels // 18.4MB TIFF
Super Deluxe: 35mm film is 300dpi at 12x18in // 5444 x 3649 pixels // 55.3MB TIFF ||| 120 film is 300dpi at 12x12in // 3650 x 3650 pixels // 54.3MB TIFF
- On file size and viewing: Listed file sizes are based on pixel dimensions. For scans made from 120 film, the file specs listed are approximate sizes from 6x6 negatives.
- We cannot scan film borders for 35mm or 120 that include film stock info (ie. Kodak Portra 400)
- We can offer “Wide Channel” scans for 120 film which include the black around the image.
- We do not offer sprocket scans for 35mm
Scans - Whole Roll (Negatives or Positives)
|Format||Standard Scan||Deluxe Scan||Deluxe TIFF Scan||Super Deluxe Scan|
|35mm/120 at time of developing/existing uncut negs||$9.00||$10.00||$16.00||$25.00|
|35mm/120 existing cut negs||$16.00||$18.00||$21.00||$30.00|
|220 at time of developing/existing uncut negs||$18.00||$20||$30.00||$40.00|
|220 existing cut negs||$30.00||$36||$40.00||$50.00|
|4x5 at time of developing/existing negs||N/A||N/A||$10 (per sheet)||
$15 (per sheet)
Scans - Select Frames (Negatives or Positives)
|Quantity||Standard Scan||Deluxe JPG Scan||Deluxe TIFF Scan||Super Deluxe Scan|
IMACON 848 Scans from 35mm 120, Sheet Film 4 x 5 and 5 x 7
|300 DPI 10"||$25.00|
|300 DPI 20"||$35.00|
|300 DPI 40"||$50.00|
Files are dusted and lightly edited. Old or damaged materials subject to re-touch fees.